[ESS] emacs 'hang'

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Jun 10 15:49:29 CEST 2015

Hi all,

This might be the wrong list to ask but let me try anyway.

I experience a strange annoyance when exporting an Org mode buffer with
(lots of) R code: emacs quite often waits for results of a source block
execution until I hit C-G (and thus abort the export).  The strange
thing is, that it seems to happen only if I do not actually watch the R
session.  If I, for instance, switch to the browser while the export is
running and effectively cover the whole emacs, this might happen.  So, I
suspect, that not actually writing the generated output is causing the
trouble.

Hence, my question is:  how I can force the output to be flushed and
actually written to the R buffer even if emacs is not focused and buried
under other windows.  Is that possible?

I might be totally off here.  So, any other suggestions on how to solve
this are welcome as well.

Thanks,
Andreas