[ESS] ESS from Emacs launched from Cygwin Shell

Zach Sheffler zsheffler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:42:24 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've been unable to get ESS to work from the cygwin shell. I believe the
issue is that it is attempting to use windows pathnames. While sifting
through the configuration, this was noted in ess-compat.el:

 ;; FIXME:  When emacs is started from Cygwin shell in Windows,
 ;;         we have (equal window-system 'x) -and should use "--ess" in *d-r.el

Which I don't understand and can't seem to figure out.

Does anyone know the process I need to use to get this to work from
within Cygwin?

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]