[ESS] ess-eval-line-and-step

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:22:03 CEST 2014

Hi Kasper,

I have the following in my .emacs file to control that behavior:

(setq inferior-ess-same-window nil)
(setq split-height-threshold nil)
(setq split-width-threshold 0)

The first makes the inferior process open in its own window, the second and
third cause the split to be vertical rather than horizontal.

Best,

Jim