[ESS] ess-eval-line-and-step

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:21:57 CEST 2014

I just updated my emacs and ess on OS X.  Now running ess 14.09 and emacs
24.3.93.1

I now get a completely different behaviour of ess-eval-line-and-step.

Previously, it would send the current line to the inferior R process and
then more down one line.  The R process would pop up in a new window next
to my current window, so I would be able to see both the R script and the R
session.

Now, the window with the R script switches from displaying the R buffer to
displaying the R process.  Besides being really irritating, this basically
destroys the function because I cannot step two lines without switching
buffers in between.

Presumably, there is some configuration setting that I need to set.

Best,
Kasper

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]