[ESS] ess-toggle-underscore not working in init.el

Gregory Warnes greg at warnes.net
Mon Sep 15 16:50:16 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I'm using Vincent Goulet's fine Emacs for OSX with ess bundled.

For some reason, "(ess-toggle-underscore nil)" is generating an error
message when I include it in my .emacs.d/init.el file:

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/Users/warnes/.emacs.d/init.el':

Symbol's function definition is void: ess-toggle-underscore

I recall this working in the past, and executing "(ess-toggle-underscore
nil)" after emacs starts up successfully works properly.

I suppose that emacs introduced 'lazy-loading' of the ess code, so that
ess-toggle-underscore simply isn't defined until after startup is complete.

Is there a recommended approach for disabling smart-underscore?

-Greg

--
"Whereas true religion and good morals are the only solid foundations of
public liberty and happiness . . . it is hereby earnestly recommended to

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]