[ESS] Interest in scala support?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 23:17:41 CET 2014

I agree with Rodney. You cannot develops something that you don't
use. We are already stuck with julia mode that none of the ess
developers seems to be systematically using.

Scala is general purpose language and to the best of my knowledge there
are no systematic noteworthy developments towards data analysis
(ignoring the java side). I also believe that such a big language must
have it's own interaction mode in emacs. Clojure has it, why doesn't
scala has one even though it's a much older language?

  Vitalie