[ESS] Setting paths to R versions in different directories

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:56:09 CET 2014

 >>> Stephen Eglen on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 05:55:54 +0000 wrote:

 >> How about having only `R-program-start-regexp` and set it to "^R-"?

 > okay, but "start-regexp" is confusing: 1) if it says start, would you
 > expect to have to add ^ [caret] for start of string

Good point. R-program-name-regexp is better.

 > 2) ess-find-exec-completions() does the hard work of finding the R
 > versions, and a quick browse suggests that ess-r-versions should
 > contain strings, not regexps.

Sure. The idea was to change the code a bit and make the whole interface
simpler and more general all at once.

But now that I think about it, it's probably not worth the flame. Better
to rename ess-R-versions and leave only one "R-" string in that list.

  Vitalie