[ESS] Line continuation question

Carslaw, David david.carslaw at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 09:27:51 CEST 2014

Hi ESS'rs

This may be a feature but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Sometimes I paste code directly into the iESS buffer e.g. if someone sends me a bit of code by email. If there is a line break in the code I can't recall the previous command using M-p (or the up arrow that I have bound for M-p). Here's a simple example:

Paste:

plot(1,
     1)

## plots fine and leaves iESS buffer showing:

> plot(1,
     1)
+ >

I now do M-p and get the message  [sic] "Beggining of input not foun?d"

I have to press RTN to get the prompt back to ">".

It would be nice if M-p worked without having to press RTN.

Thanks

David

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]