[ESS] Anyone get "Text is read-only" issues lately?

Grant Rettke gcr at wisdomandwonder.com
Wed Nov 12 15:32:05 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it that the whole R buffer is made read-only? Or only the R prompt?

The whole buffer,.

> Nothing on ESS side can set the buffer read only, so it's probably a
> third party add-on that is going haywire. C-x C-q to make the buffer
> writable again.

When I turn read-only-mode on, and off, I still can't type anything
into the buffer anywhere.

> If it's only R prompt, then it is connected to comint-prompt-read-only,
> but I don't see how exactly that could happen if you don't customize
> your R prompt.

Understood.

Thanks for the feedback!

Your interaction here is priceless because although I know that there
is no mystery here, it just "feels" mysterious because everything
/was/ working fine before.

I will do more testing, thanks again.