[ESS] ESS, knitr, Rmarkdown

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Tue Nov 4 03:46:43 CET 2014

Hi Steve,

Did you check the last version of polymode (from MELPA)? Although still in
development, it is already functional for basic operations, and this is the
way to go for Rmd files. Check the git page for more information on how to
setup Emacs correctly with polymode:

https://github.com/vitoshka/polymode

You'll be mostly interested in 'polymode-weave' and 'polymode-export' in
your workflow.

HTH,
Mathieu.

Le 03/11/2014 20:59, Steve Nunez a écrit :
> Gents,
>
> A while back someone posted a message about using ESS & knitr to process
> Rmarkdown:
>
> http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/Is-there-a-simple-newbie-guide-to-using-k
> nitr-in-ESS-td277794.html
>
> I've spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get a good workflow
> going with .Rmd files, but without much luck. The closest I've come is with
> polymode and calling knit2html from within the R subprocess.
>
> Is there a good way to process Rmarkdown files with ESS and knitr now? If
> not, any workarounds? I considered a makefile using R as the compiler and
> the knit2html function on the file, but that just doesn't seem right (though
> it would probably work)
>
> Cheers,
> - SteveN

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard