[ESS] ESS, knitr, Rmarkdown

Steve Nunez snunez at hortonworks.com
Tue Nov 4 02:59:52 CET 2014

Gents,

A while back someone posted a message about using ESS & knitr to process
Rmarkdown:

http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/Is-there-a-simple-newbie-guide-to-using-k
nitr-in-ESS-td277794.html

I¹ve spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get a good workflow
going with .Rmd files, but without much luck. The closest I¹ve come is with
polymode and calling knit2html from within the R subprocess.

Is there a good way to process Rmarkdown files with ESS and knitr now? If
not, any workarounds? I considered a makefile using R as the compiler and
the knit2html function on the file, but that just doesn¹t seem right (though
it would probably work)

Cheers,
- SteveN

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE\ NOTICE: This message is intended...{{dropped:17}}