[ESS] eldoc doesn't work in remote sessions

Li Bowen bowenli37 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:19:10 CEST 2013

Dear all,

eldoc does not function at all if associated R session is running on
remote host. No arguments hints are shown in echo area for both R buffer and
script buffer.

(ess-function-arguments "norm") returns nil

It seems to me that funargs-cache is not present as in:
ess-function-arguments
(args (gethash funname (process-get proc 'funargs-cache))

This problem has been reported on 25 June 2013.

To reproduce this problem: requires ssh.el (I installed with el-get)
1. M-x ssh
2. username at localhost
3. R enter
3. norm(TAB here)
nothing appear

But if I don't do ssh, M-x R directly, hints will show.

Many thanks.
--
Sincerely,
Li Bowen.