[ESS] ESS with StataMP

David R dromney at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 6 14:31:55 CEST 2013

I mostly use R and love ESS's R support - it works great!

Now I want to use Emacs for Stata.

I should note that I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.4 with StataMP 13.

I have tried one thing so far to try and get this working.
Someone said that you need to add Stata to your PATH.

So I added the following to my PATH:
/Applications/Stata/StataMP.app/Contents/MacOS/.
I can now launch Stata from my terminal by typing "StataMP".

When I type "M-x stata" in Emacs, it asks for my starting directory
Then I get the following error message:
"Searching for program: No such file or directory, stata".

Do you have any idea of how I could get this working?

David