[ESS] reload documentation

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Nov 4 14:37:39 CET 2013

Hi all,

how can I reload the documentation in case it changed?

Assume, I am working on the documentation of package 'foo'.
Here is a sample workflow:

library(foo)
C-c C-v function-in-foo to check the current documentation

# change documentation

library("devtools)
document("/path/to/foo")
build("/path/to/foo")
check("/path/to/foo")
install("/path/to/foo")
# does not help:
#detach(package:foo, unload=TRUE)
#library(foo)

C-c C-v function-in-foo will still show the old version

So, how can I make C-c C-v function-in-foo show the new documentation?

I tried (revert-buffer), (ess-help-quit), (kill-this-buffer) and
(ess-kill-buffer-and-go) -- nothing helped.

What am I missing?

Regards,
Andreas

PS: the previewing of roxygen sections is great, but does not work on
multiple methods in one help page, for example.  That's why I go via the
usual package installation process.