[ESS] ESS with Julia built from source breaks plotting

Jay Kerns gjkernsysu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 01:59:21 CET 2013

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Gustavo Lacerda <guse at optimizelife.com> wrote:

[snip]

I tried to see if I could reproduce this in an effort to help
out, but I cannot reproduce.  The given example works for me on
both terminal and in Emacs/ESS.  I built Julia today from source
and it took a few hours to finish.

Here are my details:

- OS: Ubuntu x86
- ESS: 12.09-2 (from GitHub)
- Emacs:: GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
- Julia: Version 0.2.0-801.r023d, commit 023d4604ae
- Winston: commit eb99b04f5f2999504b9a6a06c5ec4fdfa6b4a4f3

The only thing constructive I can think to say would be that (for
me) the standard julia executable on a bash terminal points to
/usr/bin/julia-release-readline, yet ESS by design points to
/usr/bin/julia-release-basic. Other than that difference, I
really haven't any idea why you would be getting different
answers in different places.

Good luck.

--
Jay