[ESS] small problem: placement of the R window and the Rnw window

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:53:51 CET 2013

Hi Christopher,

ESS uses default emacs display-buffer functionality. So there is no
configuration available on ESS side. But I can confirm that inferior ess
buffer should appear near bottom. This always happens for me at least.

There have been some changes in emacs 24.2 (I think) on how
buffers/windows are displayed, and you will be better off by going
directly to "20 Multiple Windows" section in Emacs manual.

    Vitalie