[ESS] small problem: placement of the R window and the Rnw window

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Thu Mar 21 16:15:09 CET 2013

Using emacs 24.2.1, obtained from Vince Goulet's website, on Win XP. I
upgraded to this version a few weeks ago.

Previously, when I had one window open, showing my Rnw file, and I hit
M-n s, a second window would open at the bottom, showing the R buffer.
My Rnw buffer would be visible in the upper window.

Since upgrading, it's the reverse: R buffer opens in the upper window,
and my Rnw buffer is shown in the bottom window.

This is a minor point, obviously, but I am so used to the previous
arrangement of windows that I'd like to get it back. Is this customizable?

Thanks.

--Chris
--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD, MS
425 Robinson Street, Binghamton, NY  13904

"Once we recognize that we do not err out of laziness, stupidity, or
evil intent, we can liberate ourselves from the impossible burden of
trying to be permanently right. We can take seriously the proposition
that we could be in error, without deeming ourselves idiotic or
unworthy." [Karen Schulz, in Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error]