[ESS] emacs ess and fedora 17

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 22 22:12:34 CET 2013

On 01/22/2013 09:47 AM, Mark Leeds wrote:
> So, I was wondering
>
> A) is there a command for figuring what emacs-ess I'm currently running
> when I fire up emacs.

Well, I am assuming the Fedora package manager would tell you that.
Try F1 v ess-version
But, keep in mind, we have no control over that package TIKO.

> B) Does anyone know what I can do to solve my current problem ? If
> installing the version from Vincent's site is the way to go, I can do that
> but I don't know how to get rid of the
> current one.

You are freaking me out ;o)  Vincent's stuff AFAIK is for Windows and
Mac.  You are using Linux, right?  I think you should install ESS
from source.  Use the latest release 12.09-2

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor