[ESS] Aquamacs M-x R behaviour with R 3.0.0 (on Mac OS of course) - help request

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Apr 19 15:47:50 CEST 2013

On 04/19/2013 02:51 AM, Alun Pope wrote:
> In the minbuffer after M-x R I get a message as before with R 2.15.x
> asking for a starting directory.
>
> If I have an existing directory in there shown as the default, and hit RET
> I get a refresh and the same
> message and directory, but no visible action.  If I put in a new directory
> name i get a [no match]
> message in the minibuffer.
>
> It seems there is a*R*  buffer created which reports:
>

> ERROR: sub-architecture 'x86_64' is not installed
>
> Process R exited abnormally with code 1 at Fri Apr 19 17:05:51 2013

Hi Alun:

This doesn't sound like an ESS issue.  But, I'll admit, that I haven't
ventured into 3.0.0 frontier yet.  For the ESS version, run the command
M-x ess-version  If that doesn't work, then try F1 v ess-version
I assume you are using Mountain Lion, but I'm not sure if that matters.
--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor