[ESS] Anyone having trouble with R 3.0.0 and Emacs/ESS on windows?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 17:36:41 CEST 2013

Hi Bill,

I use the same setup, except with Goulet's most recent Emacs 24.3 with
ESS 12.09-2.  I have not had any trouble with it.  Although I should
point out that it may be related to:

> strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), ";")
[[1]]
 [1] "c:\\usr\\Rtools\\bin"
 [2] "c:\\usr\\Rtools\\gcc-4.6.3\\bin"
 [3] "c:\\usr\\R\\R-devel\\bin\\x64"
[snip]

Probably not what you want to hear but could also try:

(setq inferior-R-program-name "/path/to/R/R-3.0.0/bin/x64/Rterm.exe")

in your .emacs

Recently mine has been hanging if I do: `[[`(  like its trying to pull
up the argument list but gets stuck, but I do not think that is unique
to R 3.0.0, so think it is a separate issue.

Cheers,

Josh