[ESS] SAS mode clearing buffers command

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Apr 4 18:09:22 CEST 2013

On 04/04/2013 10:49 AM, Nelson Marcelino wrote:
> Yes in interactive SAS mode I would like to be able to clear/reset the
> SAS.lst buffer because by default it is read-only.
> I even updated ess-sas el files that reference lst to be (setq
> buffer-read-only nil) and that didn't work.
> about the only thing i can do is type C-x C-q in the buffer which allows
> it to be writeable and then i can
> clear it by C-x h and C-w. I'm looking for a more elegant solution.

Hi Nelson:

There is nothing like that in ESS TIKO.  But, I think Emacs comes
to the rescue (as usual).  Do something like (not tested)...

(fset 'toggle-and-clear (kbd "C-x C-q C-x h C-w"))
(global-set-key (kbd "C-c `") 'toggle-and-clear)

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor