[ESS] ESS 12.09 released

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Sep 25 16:12:14 CEST 2012

On 25 September 2012 at 08:47, Martin Maechler wrote:
| I have now added 'Julia' in the relevant places in
| doc/currfeat.texi
|
| but not yet to other places, where supported "statistical packages"
| are enumerated.   In my eyes, julia currently is what the makers
| declare themselves (http://julialang.org/):
|  " a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language
|    for technical computing "
| but not (yet ??) a stats package.

So how can "Emacs Speaks __STATISTICS__" then support it ?  ;-)

Personally speaking, I have absolutely no bone in this fight.  I won't be
playing with Julia til I can apt-get it. Life's too short otherwise...

But I wish them well as Matlab could do with a replacement, and Python STILL
hasn't managed to grow a coherent set of infrastructure there clearly is room
and a need.  So I guess we just wait for Doug et al to fill in the blanks :)

Dirk