[ESS] ESS 12.09 released

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 25 08:47:24 CEST 2012

    > On 24 September 2012 at 21:12, Martin Maechler wrote: |
    > Dear ESS lovers after some beta testing, the ESS core team
    > is | proud about the release of ESS 12.09 a few moments
    > ago.

    > Thanks, pushed to Debian too.

    > | There are many new features, not the least julia
    > support.  | OTOH, XEmacs is no longer supported (for the
    > time being); | see "New Features" below.

    > It's missing in "1.2 Current Features" though.

    > Dirk

    > | 1.2 Current Features | ====================
    > |
    > | * Languages Supported: | * S family (S 3/4, S-PLUS and
    > R)
    > |
    > | * SAS
    > |
    > | * BUGS/JAGS
    > |
    > | * Stata
    > |
    > | * XLispStat including Arc and ViSta
    > |
    > [...]

Indeed, thank you Dirk!

I have now added 'Julia' in the relevant places in
doc/currfeat.texi

but not yet to other places, where supported "statistical packages"
are enumerated.   In my eyes, julia currently is what the makers
declare themselves (http://julialang.org/):
 " a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language
   for technical computing "
but not (yet ??) a stats package.

Martin