[ESS] font lock

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:45:56 CEST 2012

  >> Sam Steingold <sds at gnu.org>
  >> on Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:12:37 -0400 wrote:

  > I upgraded ESS and now font lock changes the font width.
  > (ess-function-call-face, ess-numbers-face)
  > I don't this this is a very good idea for default values.
  > At least, no other emacs face does it by default.

Both this faces inherit form the font-lock faces (font-lock-builtin-face
and font-lock-type-face). The problem is that some "smart" themes make
those faces bold, thick or italics which is not desirable in our
case. Hence, ess-function-call-face and ess-numbers-face are setting
:width and :weight to normal.

I thought this is the default for all themes -- normal text is 'normal
on all attributes and only some faces change that.

Isn't this true for you? Are all your faces bold, or condensed, or
whatever?

    Vitalie