[ESS] autocompletion of function arguments in 12.09

Ali Tofigh alix.tofigh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:21:43 CEST 2012

After moving to ess 12.09, the auto-completion of function arguments
puts spaces around the equal sign. This wasn't the case before and all
my code is written without spaces around the equal sign in function
calls. Is there any way of going back to the previous behaviour? I
can't find any variable for this, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong
place...

just to illustrate, all my function calls look something like this:

a.function(arg1=x, arg2=y)

but auto-completing argument names in 12.09 results in:

a.function(arg1 = x, arg2 = y).

/Ali