[ESS] Failing to load r-autoyas

Fernando Mayer fernandomayer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:19:09 CEST 2012

Matthew,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Matthew Fidler
<matthew.fidler at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that yasnippet is not turning on. Can you turn it on in an R buffer?

You're right. YASnippet is not turned on automatically in ess-mode. I
didn't play attention at this. And yes, I did

M-x yas/minor-mode

to turn it on, and finally r-yasnippet worked! Sorry for not seeing
this before, but it was not trivial for me.

Now, following yasnippet FAQ [1], by enabling

(add-hook 'ess-mode 'yas/minor-mode-on)

in .emacs, it should automatically start yas/minor-mode in ess-mode.
That's not happening for me. But, this may be another thread, since
now I can use r-yasnippet by enabling yas/minor-mode manually. If I
figure out a solution I'll post here for the record.

Thank you very much for your help, r-yasnippet is a great tool.

[1] http://capitaomorte.github.com/yasnippet/faq.html

---
Fernando Mayer
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina - UFSC
Departamento de Ecologia e Zoologia - ECZ/CCB
e-mail: fernandomayer [@] gmail.com