[ESS] knitr

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 2 21:25:48 CEST 2012

> I've used Sweave for many years, but have switched to knitr because I
> find knitr makes several things _much_ easier.

What sorts of things are easier?  Are these the types of things
mentioned on http://yihui.name/knitr/

> (defun ess-knitr-weave ()
>    "Run knitr on the current .Rnw file."
>    (interactive)
>    (ess-swv-run-in-R "knit"))
> (define-key noweb-minor-mode-map "\M-nk" 'ess-knitr-weave)
> (define-key noweb-minor-mode-map "\M-np" 'ess-swv-PDF)

Thanks!

> Slightly related to the discussion here, I wish I could change the
> hard-to-type "#+" delimiter for org-mode.  Or, at least, make an
> electric-# key similar to the electric-<.

I don't like the #+ syntax in org mode, my eyes still haven't adapted to
it.  But I don't think its likely to change.  Making an electric + key
should be straightforward, here's a simple version:

(defun electric-plus ()
  (interactive)
  (insert (if (= (current-column) 0) "#+" "+")))

Stephen