[ESS] knitr

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 18:24:03 CEST 2012

I've used Sweave for many years, but have switched to knitr because I
find knitr makes several things _much_ easier.  I added this to my
.emacs:

(defun ess-knitr-weave ()
   "Run knitr on the current .Rnw file."
   (interactive)
   (ess-swv-run-in-R "knit"))
(define-key noweb-minor-mode-map "\M-nk" 'ess-knitr-weave)
(define-key noweb-minor-mode-map "\M-np" 'ess-swv-PDF)

With that change, I have a fairly simple two-step process to knit and
latex a file.

Slightly related to the discussion here, I wish I could change the
hard-to-type "#+" delimiter for org-mode.  Or, at least, make an
electric-# key similar to the electric-<.

Kevin

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> With useR 2012 coming soon, can someone report back on what the
> community feels about packages like knitr, as an alternative to sweave?
> I see that Rstudio recently built in support for knitr, should we try
> the same for ESS?  Or is it too early to tell?
>
>  http://www.r-bloggers.com/new-version-of-rstudio-v0-96/
>
> Stephen

Kevin Wright