[ESS] Roxygen: arbitrary sections (@section)

Henning Redestig henning.red at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:12:03 CET 2012

Currently, ESS uses roxygen not roxygen2. It does this silently in the
background but uses same roxygen installation as you would in the
associated R buffer. If you see differences in output from 'manual'
roxygen and when using ESS, you probably have several versions of
roxygen installed. I think ESS can safely move to roxygen2 since
roxygen2 appears backwards compatible with roxygen.

Will fix this in the near future unless someone beats me to it.

and yes you can have both svn-version and released ESS installed (not
so much of an installation as just a folder with lisp code) but you
need to specify in your .emacs which version you want to load.

/Henning