[ESS] public git mirror?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Jan 23 16:02:43 CET 2012

Aleksandar Blagotić wrote:
> IMO, it would gain more public attention if it was hosted on GitHub. I'd
> certainly like to see ESS there, as both developers and users could easily
> report/fix bugs, thus making ESS even more cooler. GitHub is far form being
> only a free git repo service. It has awesome collaboration tools!
>
> aL3xa

git is designed for a very decentralized development philosophy.
We don't have enough ESS developers where it would be appealing to
move to git IMHO.  But, we are planning on getting ESS into the new
GNU Emacs lisp package archive, ELPA, which is hosted on savannah.
But, AIUI, savannah uses bzr rather than git.

Rodney