[ESS] emacs freeze when use ess-display-help-on-object with remote buffer .

Malcolm Cook malcolm.cook at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:35:11 CET 2012

Hi,

Thanks for taking this back up.

I too find that "help was the deal-breaker for me" when trying to work
with ESS under tramp or remote-ESS.  I could not get R's help to
display using, for instance, ess-display-help-on-object (c-c c-v).
When I try, it hangs with the cursor in the mini-buffer.  c-g brings
me to the ESS buffer with the help being paged with, `less` or some
pager.

Any thoughts?

Malcolm Cook
h - 913.642.5257