[ESS] .emacs file seems not fully operative since upgrade from 22.3 to 24.3

Christopher W Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Fri Feb 17 21:22:23 CET 2012

Vince--

this might explain a few things, thanks. Up until now II was indeed
using version 22.3 . . . really . . . When I find something that works
for me, I tend to stick with it for a very long time. I don't like
rocking the software boat.  So I will look into this--if this is my
first experience with these changes that were instituted in 23.3, that
would make sense of the behavior that I'm seeing.

Thanks.

--Chris