[ESS] insert result in the current buffer?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Fri Aug 31 19:36:13 CEST 2012

Sam Steingold Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM
>> my usual workflow is to keep everything I ever type in a file-bound
>> buffer and send stuff to the *R* buffer using C-c C-p or C-c C-j.
>> sometimes I want to copy the result from *R* to the current buffer.

Paul Johnson Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:05:44 -0500
> Why do you want to copy R results into R code files

Not that I know what OP mean, but ... I believe Johnson is misreading
Steingold, who says he "keep[s] everything [he] ever type[s]" in a file.
By which he probably means a log file, not (probably) an R code file. I
do something similar, hence my interest in this thread.

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>