[ESS] no color on functions that are R built in like "lm" or "mean"

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:32:36 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not using changelog for a quite a while. This is because, once we
> started having a git repo, changelog turned to be quite a pain in the
> neck to merge. Also git logs a pretty self explanatory - no need for
> double accounting.  Please use "svn log -l 20" or "git log" to view
> recent development.

OK, thanks for the log tip. I am glad you are on our side, the good
side of The Force.

I can't tell how I'm supposed to use this to colorize R functions.
Usually that means i should wait until you finish your work and tell
me what to do. And I don't mind waiting, I am glad to know you are
working on it.

For reference purposes, the comparison editor the students like is
Notepad++ for Windows and its addon NPPTOR (their equivalent of ESS).

There's a user-contributed list of R functions facilitates
auto-completion and highlights.  My notes on this say:

In Notepad++

Choose "Settings" then "Preferences" then "Auto-Completion/Backup" and
choose "Auto completion on each input". The R.xml came from another
web site (http://www.r-bloggers.com/auto-completion-in-notepad-for-r-script),
it is not comprehensive for all R commands, but it has the ones from
the base, stats, and MASS.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science    Assoc. Director