[ESS] Assign f12 to "ess-sas-submit-region"

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:39:58 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Main, Regan <rmain at rand.org> wrote:

> Nothing happens when I hit F12 or F11.  "Describe key:" continues to
> wait for input.  If I hit F10, it says: <f10> is undefined.  Similarly,
> if I hit F11 or F12, they do not make any noise.  If I hit any of my
> other undefined keys, they make a tone when hit.

Regan,

just as an explanation: this behavior clearly indicates that the F12
keypress never gets reported to Emacs.  Either the OS (or perhaps some
other program) intercepts the keypress.  As an understandable example,
on Macs, pressing F10 (default setup) mutes the sound.  This is
something that gets resolved at the OS level and the keypress never
gets passed on to applications.  How to resolve this really depends a
lot on what OS you are running and perhaps also on other applications.

Kasper