[ESS] Easy argument list: r-autoyas

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 15 14:26:02 CET 2011

    VS> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM, ottorino
    VS> <ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it>wrote:

    >> Hi all again,
    >> it seems that yas interferes with the call to help pages.
    >> If I call from the R buffer
    >> ?read.table
    >> In the buffer contained in the new help frame I get

    VS> Error: can't find the function ".help.ESS"
    >>
    VS> It's because ESS installs .help.ESS after the post-run hook
    VS> withought waiting for the prompt (thing what I would
    VS> personally consider to be almost a bug).

Hmm, .. yes.  A patch is welcome ...

and if I'll end up finding some more time I'd also be very happy
to try the other nice innovations that you (ess-tracebug) and
Sven (r-autoyas) have recently made available.
These are definitely features and ideas that ideally should be made
available and be well integrated with  ESS .. unless you
disagree.

It just seems that most of the ESS core team members have been
pretty busy with other matters and duties the last couple of weeks.

Best regards,
and thank you guys for these lively ESS-help streams...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

    VS> To solve it change the function r-autoyas-inject-commands
    VS> to use ess-eval-linewise instead of process-send-string: