[ESS] ess-error: ESS process not ready. Wasn't there a fix for this? Make Sweave -> pdflatex work. Help?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 20 22:49:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 22:32, Kasper Daniel Hansen
<kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> This won't really help you with your main questions, but I have found
>  texi2pdf
> to be extremely nice for tex'ing.  Essentially it runs pdflatex +
> bibtex as many times as necessary.  It also has a "-c" argument which
> essentially removes all intermediate files (like .aux, .bbl etc).  I
> tend to tex from the command line, so I don't know how to make it work
> with AUCTeX.
>
> Kasper

That's why  texi2pdf  is the default command, run by  M-n P..
I use Sweave most of the time with these two:

M-n s  {Sweave whole buffer --> *.tex}
M-n P  {pdflatex *.tex; bibtex ...}

but also am glad that I can send single lines of R code, or one chunk, or ...
If I want.

Martin