[ESS] ess-error: ESS process not ready. Wasn't there a fix for this? Make Sweave -> pdflatex work. Help?

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 22:32:37 CEST 2011

This won't really help you with your main questions, but I have found
  texi2pdf
to be extremely nice for tex'ing.  Essentially it runs pdflatex +
bibtex as many times as necessary.  It also has a "-c" argument which
essentially removes all intermediate files (like .aux, .bbl etc).  I
tend to tex from the command line, so I don't know how to make it work
with AUCTeX.

Kasper