[ESS] Emacs for former XEmacs users (WAS: XEmacs, ESS on Cygwin and R on Windows XP: inferrior-ess-prompt problem)

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jul 19 22:49:08 CEST 2011

Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> Ok, then I'm checking in a version of ess-revert-wisely that restores
> the point.  Hopefully, that does it.

Ok, that's checked in and will be available with the next release of ESS
RSN.  However, here's another one that I just don't get.  Occasionally,
maybe once a week, the shell buffer snarfs a cd command.  This wreaks
havoc with ESS[SAS] and ESS[BUGS/JAGS].  Again, this is something that
NEVER happens with XEmacs.  I am totally mystified.  Has anyone ever
heard of such a thing?

Thanks,

Rodney