[ESS] How to tell if R is ready after ess-eval-*?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Jul 7 22:12:54 CEST 2011

Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> Hi Rodney,
>
> I couldn't reproduce help.start() problem (at least on Ubuntu).
>
> Spinner is not supposed to interfere with evaluation. All what I do is
> to set up a  timer which checks the state of the process every .5 sec.
> If you have any issues with evaluation it is probably something else.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> Vitalie

For me, after the first help.start() it is still OK.  But, when you
click on Packages, and you see the buffer say "Making packages.html
. done", then I get the spinner endlessly.  If I then issue
help.start() again and click on Packages, it's fine.  Not really
sure what is going on.

--
Rodney Sparapani       Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor