[ESS] Warning about Emacs/ESS administration and Windows 7 Weirdness

RICHARD M. HEIBERGER rmh at temple.edu
Thu Sep 2 05:45:38 CEST 2010

Paul,

Please send the ess-help list the full paths of all versions of Rterm
on your system, including development
of 2.12.0 if you have them, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Also please evaluate the three environment variables
"ProgramFiles"
"ProgramFiles(x86)"
"ProgramW6432"

from the DOS prompt (32 and 64 if that is meaningful)
and from inside both the 32-bit and 64-bit Rterm executions.

Also send the value of the emacs variable
ess-rterm-version-paths

If there is anything obvious that I forgot to ask for, please send that too.
I don't have Windows 7 as my working environment, but I do have user
access to machines
that run Windows 7.

I won't be able to pay serious attention to this for about two weeks.
Our classes have started now.

Rich