[ESS] UseR 2011 Tutorial on ESS?

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 17:20:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM, A.J. Rossini <blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Erik Iverson <eriki at ccbr.umn.edu> wrote:
>>

>> Rodney Sparapani wrote:

I wouldn't spend a lot of time for folks that haven't used emacs, but
you might want to highlight a few tips to ease the learning curve for
new users. Here are a couple:

* For windows and Mac OS users, try Vincent Goulet's packaged emacs:

    http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/

* Enable CUA keys with the menu item Options | C-x/C-c/C-v Cut and Paste (CUA).

Also, I think a lot of folks will be interested in Org/babel.

- Tom