[ESS] Installing ESS on CentOS?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Nov 7 22:25:58 CET 2010

Thanks to all who replied to my earlier questions on this list including
Rodney Sparapani, Eric Iverson, Steven McKinney, Steve Lianoglou,
Michael Hannon, and James MacDonald.  I ultimately followed the advice
of Martin Maechler and others of replacing CentOS with Fedora.  That
solved many problems.

Other questions:

       1.  How can one easily change between ESS split screen segments?
<Ctrl>+<tab > works for me under Windows, ESS 5.3.11, Emacs, 22.3.1.
However, with Emacs 23.2.1 and ESS 5.11 under Fedora 13 (Goddard) Linux,
the only way I've found so far is to click in the different window.

       2.  Are there easy ways to copy and paste with ESS 5.11, etc.?
<Ctrl>-C and <Ctrl>+V copy and paste on my Windows machine but not with
this Linux.

       Thanks,
       Spencer