[ESS] Emacs Modified updated to ESS 5.7.1

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 5 18:51:24 CET 2010

On 01/ 5/10 11:42 AM, Neil Shephard wrote:

> Portage has CVS versions of Emacs, not sure about XEmacs though.
>
> I used to compile by hand when I used slackware, but gentoo is a
> delight as portage handles all flags and options etc. for you in a
> very neat manner, the best thing being that its very easy to clean out
> packages and dependencies when you no longer want something.
>
> Neil

Hi Neil:

I just had a look at this.  I guess you mean Prefix Portage.  This does
look nice.  I wonder why I haven't heard of this before.  But, what the
hell is
that Platform Matrix?

--
Rodney Sparapani       Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor