[ESS] how to disable bolding of command line text

Pierre Kleiber pkleiber.hi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:29:19 CET 2010

I have upgraded both emacs to 23.1.1 and ess to 5.7.1 and find that now when
commands are entered in the command (iESS) buffer the text is automatically
bolded. This is annoying because the bold characters are blurry to my old eyes.
I've been unable to find a way to disable this behavior. I put this in my .emacs
file:
   (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration '((ess-mode . 1)))
following advice in the emacs manual, but it had no effect. Does anyone have
other suggestions?

Thanks.

Pierre and Nan Kleiber                 pkleiber.hi at gmail.com
1736 Bertram Street                    nankleiber at hawaii.rr.com
Honolulu, HI 96816-2002                Tel: 808 737-7544