[ESS] Automatic jump to error line in the source code.

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 13:38:09 CEST 2010

Vitaly S. <spinuvit.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> From version 2.10 R support keeping the source as an attribute of
> functions.  Error report and debug functions report exact line in the
> source file.
>
> I wonder if someone managed to implement automatic jumping to the line
> of code where the error was reported.

I'd like to implement the same thing.  Prof Norm Matloff (cc'ed) has
already looked at this, and has it working (I think) for vi(m).  In my
todo list for ESS I have:

Would like to implement a debugger akin to Norm Matloff's work:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/edtdbg/index.html

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/debuggingR/

Norm posted that he had started work on ESS, but had to abandon it.

Norm: how far did you get with your ESS work?

Best wishes, Stephen
Stephen