[ESS] ESS and Sweave

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Apr 23 16:52:37 CEST 2010

On 04/23/10 09:21 AM, Shige Song wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> Here is the very simple file I used to do this:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>
> %\usepackage{tikz}
> %\usepackage{fullpage}
> \usepackage{Sweave}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> This document outlines the analysis to be carried out to look at the
> relationship between prenatal famine exposure and fetal loss risk.
>
> \end{document}
>
> Shige

Very weird.  When I do that it tries to launch evince which crashes.
M-n p runs ess-swv-PS which says...
Create a postscript file from a dvi file (name based on the current
Sweave file buffer name) and display it.
Huh?  Who is doing that nowadays?  There is also M-x ess-swv-PDF but
that doesn't work either...
Create a PDF file ('pdflatex') and display it
 From which I get...
Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.6 ^^M

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on test.log.

Does this actually work for anyone?

Rodney