[ESS] Is this the proper place to report a bug ?

Ottorino-Luca Pantani ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Thu Oct 15 09:44:30 CEST 2009

Dear ESS users,
this morning, after a partial upgrade of Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS,
ESS has disappeared.
Actually the system warned me that the previous ESS (5.3.1) would have
been removed.
I'm back in business, since I installed it again by downloading and
untarring the file.

The problem is that when I tried to install ESS through

sudo apt-get install ess

I received the following message (sorry; it's in italian)

> I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
>   ess: Dipende: dpkg (>= 1.15.4) ma 1.14.16.6ubuntu4 sta per essere
> installato oppure
>                 install-info ma non è installabile
> E: Pacchetto non integro

with an esortation to report the bug.

Is this the proper place to do this ?
If not, where should I report ?

Thanks

--
Ottorino-Luca Pantani, Università di Firenze