[ESS] recommended order for applying ess-fix-* functions

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Sat May 2 21:02:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

For a long time I've been very fond of all the clever ess-fix-*
functions, which I suspect are due to Martin Maechler, so hopefully he
can answer this!  I have developed a strong allergy towards the "="
assign operator, spaces around that symbol for assigning values to
function arguments, no spaces around operators, and basically everything
the ess-fix-* functions attempt to fix.  I'd like to write a little hook
to apply to some files I receive with such "atrocities", so that I can
actually read the code without having to decipher it first.  Given that
the order in which these functions are applied is important, does ESS
core or others recommend a particular order?

Thanks to MM and the developers for these very helpful functions.

Cheers,

--
Seb