[ESS] loading ESS mode conditional on certain file names

Brendan Halpin brendan.halpin at ul.ie
Tue Apr 14 18:34:44 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10 2009, Adrian Dragulescu wrote:

> When I open a file in Emacs, it takes me about 10 seconds, and I
> would like to speed up the process as much as possible.

When you say "open a file in Emacs" do you mean "start up Emacs (with a
particular file)"? Most Emacs users start Emacs once per session, and
load files using C-x C-f (or emacsclient/gnuclient) because it has a
substantial start-up time. Once it is already open it reads files fast,
usually much faster than your 2-sec best case.

Brendan
--
Brendan Halpin,  Department of Sociology,  University of Limerick,  Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-338562; Room F2-025 x 3147